Friday, July 1, 2011

A Dream Come True

Ever since I saw the film "Sophie's Choice" back in high school, I have wanted to play the cello. Sophie made it look and sound so beautifully feminine, sensual, warm and deep.  Her instrument vibrated richly against her pregnant belly. Even before her baby would know her, he would associate her with those comforting, encompassing strains. Music has never been my strength but I feel so enthusiastic about this, I could burst. Earlier this week, I went and found a magnificent student cello for a great price and Marc and I picked it up this morning. Lessons start Tuesday! It's a dream come true. What's your dream?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacque, that is wonderful! I love, love cello music. Good for you on following your dreams, I'm sure you'll become a beautiful cellist.

Ali said...

What?! You are amazing. I'm so proud of you for making it come true! Ah! This is fantastic news.

E. said...

oh. my. word. jacque for the win! you inspire me.